Over the holiday period, Women 25 – 54 went crazy for the Real Housewives franchise. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and The Real Housewives of Melbourne were two of the top five shows among this demographic in both live and on demand viewing.*
Thursday nights have also been given a shake-up, with Bravo’s real crime programming proving a hit with viewers. The ratings for Thursday Night Confessions have increased by 57% and share has increased by 79% among Women 25 – 54.**
Since launch, Bravo has been steadily growing in prime-time viewer numbers. Ratings are up an impressive 73% among Total People and 59% among Women 25-54. Bravo holds its place as the fourth placed national network and is now sitting 27% above its closest competitor, Prime, in peak viewing among Women 25 – 54.***
The Real Housewives of Auckland had a considerable halo effect on the broader scheduled and successfully introduced the brand to the local market. The show reached 1.3 million New Zealanders, accounting for 31% of people 5+ and 43% of Women 25 – 54. It was also the most-watched Bravo VOD title on catch-up service ThreeNow to date.****
Since the conclusion of season one of The Real Housewives of Auckland, Bravo has continued to grow its share in peak in key buying demographics, gaining 11% among Women 25 – 54, 9% among HHS with Kids 0 – 14 and 10% among Women 18 – 49.*****
Comparing Bravo’s share performance over the last eight consolidated weeks to Four’s share performance at the same time last year, Bravo is 71% ahead of where Four was in All Day and 36% ahead of where Four was in Peak among Women 25 – 54. Since launch, Bravo has also gained 59% in Peak share and 14% in All Day share amongst Women 25 – 54.******
In October, Bravo started a research project to gain insights into our audience. Bravo’s wide-range of reality content is viewed as fun, exciting, fresh and a pleasurable escape from the everyday world. This strong brand positioning and consistent programming sets Bravo apart in the FTA market and makes it easy for viewers to engage with the channel.
What Our Viewers Are Saying About Bravo
Has unique programming
Has a strong identity
Sets the Trends
Creates a Social media buzz Appeals to people like me
Bravo Digital Highlights
• In other summer news, Kiwis took to the hashtag #BravoSummer to showcase fun in the sun in Godzone. This was a great way for our viewers to be part of the channel on-air and socially. Over 140 social entries were used to make 22 idents and 30 social media content pieces for the channel.
• Bravo’s Ice Melt challenge – where Bravo partnered with a cosmetics company in an innovative social media activation – also proved popular, reaching 312,450 people and boasting 3750 reactions, comments and shares.
• In late February, Bravo is delighted to broadcast the newest installment of the Real Housewives franchise, The Real Housewives of Sydney. Watch out for big hair, big egos and even bigger drama when a new set of Aussie superstars hit our screens on Tuesday 28 February at 8.30pm.
• A dating show with a difference, Dating Naked, is also on New Zealand screens for the first time, premiering February 28 after RHOS, with the contenders baring their souls and a whole lot more!
• Bravo’s Friday night movie slot continues to perform well and in March, viewers can look forward to more box office blockbusters and classics, including Top Gun, Terms of Endearment, Blue Crush, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Coming to America.
* SOURCE: Nielsen/Arianna. Consolidated data: 01/12/2016 – 16/01/2017. Ranked on AUD%, excluding Friday night movies. Bravo*. Top episode rating RHOBH: 4.1% top episode rating RHOM: 2.5%, Peak S-S 18:00-22:29. ThreeNow data– Video Plays Analyser 01/12/2016 – 16/01/2017.
** SOURCE: Nielsen/Arianna. Consolidated data. 8 Full weeks Prior to Change: 25/09/2016 – 19/11/2016. 8 Full Weeks Post #Killerpost Launch: 20/11/2016 – 14/01/2017. Thursday 1800 – 2229. Bravo Network.
*** SOURCE: Nielsen/Arianna. Consolidated data. First 4 Full Consol: 03/07/2016 – 30/07/2016. Last 4 Full Consol: 08/01/2017 – 04/02/2017. AUD%. Bravo Network. Peak S – S 1800 – 2229.
**** SOURCE: Nielsen/Arianna. Consolidated Data. RHOAK including TV3 roadblock and repeats, Reach based on 1 minute. Brightcove analytics: 03/07/2016 – 16/01/2017. Top Video Plays.
***** SOURCE: Nielsen/Arianna. Consolidated Data. During RHOAK: 21/08/2016 – 22/10/2016 After RHOAK: 23/10/2016 – 04/02/2017. Peak: S – S 18:00 – 22:29.
****** SOURCE: Nielsen/Arianna. Consolidated Data. Last 8 Consol Weeks: 11/12/2016 – 04/02/2017. First 8 Consol Weeks: 03/07/2016 – 27/08/2016. Same Time Last Year 8 Consol Weeks: 13/12/2015 – 06/02/2016. Peak: S – S 1800 – 2229. All Day: 1000 – 2359. Bravo Network.