NEW ZEALAND, Wellington, September 15, 2017 – Leading games publisher PikPok® today announced that their new game Into the Dead 2 will launch on October 13, 2017 for Android on Google Play, and iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on the App Store.
Into the Dead 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to Into the Dead (70+ million downloads), the hit endless zombie runner released by PikPok in 2012. Following the gruesome style of the first game, Into the Dead 2 sees the addition of an evolving narrative, deeper gameplay, and highly crafted levels, offering players even more of an immersive and action-packed experience than the fan favourite original.
“Into the Dead has been a huge success for the studio, reaching tens of millions of players across a myriad of platforms” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of PikPok. “Continuing the franchise with Into the Dead 2, we’ve massively expanded on the concepts explored in the original, adding much more content, depth, and longevity that will appeal to existing fans and new players alike. The release of the game is a huge and satisfying milestone for PikPok.”
In Into the Dead 2, players journey through the zombie apocalypse in a race to save their family. Armed with an arsenal of powerful weapons, players must fend off ever-increasing zombie threats while crossing treacherous terrain. In a world where no one is safe, players must do whatever it takes to keep moving; whether it’s slaying zombies from atop vehicles, stabbing them to survive, or risking going after them on foot. With their family’s rescue and reunion on the line, players will be pushed on far they are willing to go to make it out alive.
The Into the Dead 2 app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android features:
- Evolving story and multiple endings – complete 7 action-packed chapters, 60 stages, and hundreds of challenges
- Powerful weapons and ammo perks – unlock and upgrade melee weapons, firearms, explosives, and more!
- Varied gameplay – fire from military gun emplacements, slay the hordes from atop vehicles, stab them to stay alive, or risk going after them on foot
- Multiple, immersive environments – discover different locations, from oil fields and military bases to campsites and rural farm communities
- Ever-increasing zombie threats – adapt your tactics to annihilate different hordes, including armoured and running zombies!
- Daily and special event modes – prove your skills to win exclusive prizes
- Loyal canine companions – fend off zombies and stay protected in the field
The Into the Dead 2 app will be available for free for Android on Google Play, and iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on the App Store from the 13th October 2017.
PikPok is a leading publisher of great games across mobile, tablet and desktop. With a portfolio of original, licensed, and third party developed properties, PikPok delivers games that appeal to all consumers with pick-up-and-play gameplay, high-quality art, and immersive audio design which provide rich game experiences. PikPok has released multiple critically and commercially successful games including the popular Flick Kick® series, BAFTA nominated Super Monsters Ate My Condo™, Into the Dead®, Shatter®, and more. Steal a moment, and play a game from PikPok. For more information on PikPok, please visit www.pikpok.com and www.facebook.com/pikpokgames.