Spikes Asia handed out gongs across 20 categories early Saturday morning NZ time. NZ companies took one Grand Prix, while DDB were runners up for Agency of the Year.
From an initial 4,984 entries across 18 categories, 472 awards were announced on the night. The NZ Grand Prix came in the Radio category: Colenso BBDO winning for Pedigree’s K9FM.
In the Film category Clemenger BBDO took two Golds, both for work for the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA): one apiece for Blazed and Mistakes. The agency also took a Silver for NZTA’s Mistakes Internet Film, while DDB took a Silver for Lion Nathan’s Born to Defy.
Bronzes were awarded to DDB for Lion Nathan’s Be the Artist and Sky TV’s Come With Us; and to Ogilvy & Mather for Rebel Sports’ Ode to Winter.
In Film Craft Clemenger BBDO took two more Golds and two Silvers for the NZTA’s Blazed, produced by Curious. The Golds were for Script and Casting, the Silvers for Cinematography and Direction. Finch won a Silver for NZTA’s Mistakes, for Direction. Robber’s Dog also took a Silver for Lion’s Born to Defy, also for Direction.
Bronzes were awarded to:
- Colenso BBDO for BNZ’s The Power Of A Dollar (Art direction/Production design);
- DDB for Lion Nathan’s Born to Defy (Cinematography), Robbers Dog;
- Clemenger BBDO for NZTA’s Blazed (Editing), Curious;
- Ogilvy & Mather for Rebel Sport’s Flight (Editing, Sound Design);
- Clemenger BBDO for NZTA’s Mistakes (Script, VFX); and
- Saatchi & Saatchi for Spark’s Spark 60 Launch (VFX).
Several more gongs went to Sky TV’s Bring Down the King campaign across the Branded Content & Entertainment, Direct, Media and Promo & Activation categories.
Spikes Asia ran 23 – 26 September in Singapore, with the awards presented overnight Friday/Saturday NZ time.